Concrete cleaners are chemicals formulated to clean surfaces that have a porosity between 5 and 20%. Concrete cleaners for pressure washers can remove oil particles, dirt, moss, algae, mortar and lime residues, and efflorescence. Concrete cleaners are suited for concrete pathways, patios, driveways, or walls.
Best concrete cleaner brands are Chomp, Black Diamond Stoneworks, Zep, EoProCote, Sheiner’s, and RadonSeal. The advantages and disadvantages of their products are presented in the concrete cleaner reviews.
The factors that need to be analyzed before purchasing a concrete cleaner include pH, and formula – diluted or concentrated. These factors are detailed in this concrete cleaner buying guide.
The best concrete cleaners are listed below:
- Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser AOD1G35437 Original
- Chomp Pull It Out Oil/Stain Remover for Concrete
- Black Diamond Stoneworks Concrete Floor Cleaner
- Zep Professional Heavy-Duty Powdered Concrete Cleaner
- Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner
- Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner Concentrate
- RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover
- American Hydro Systems 2662 Liquid Rust Concrete Stain Remover
- Terminator-HSD Eco Removes Oil & Grease Stains on Concrete
- ACT Concrete Cleaner Eco Removes Oil Grease Mildew Stains
Best Concrete Cleaners Comparison Chart
Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser AOD1G35437 Original
|View On Amazon|
Chomp Pull It Out Oil/Stain Remover for Concrete
|View On Amazon|
Black Diamond Stoneworks Concrete Floor Cleaner
|View On Amazon|
Zep Professional Heavy-Duty Powdered Concrete Cleaner
|View On Amazon|
Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner
|View On Amazon|
Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner Concentrate
|View On Amazon|
Best Concrete Cleaner Reviews
1. Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser AOD1G35437 Original
Oil Eater is a manufacturer specialized in sanitation products and equipment. This brand is renowned in the cleaning industry for its highly environmentally friendly products.
The Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser is a surfactant that targets grease stains and petroleum-based stains present on various types of surfaces. These surfaces include concrete, bricks, asphalt, engines, machinery, tools, tiles, kitchen counters, and even carpets.
The Oil Eater Cleaner Degresser’s core strengths are its ability to remove grease without the use of harsh chemicals, and the variety of areas that it can be used on. This concrete cleaner has an alkaline liquid formula and comes in a 1-gallon plastic container. The high safety levels of this product are superior to that of competitors. This surfactant is biodegradable and can be used in any type of environment, even in septic systems, as it doesn’t contain acids or other toxic substances.
The Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser costs around $14.
The Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser has a water-based concentrated formula that allows dilution in order to make it suitable for light to heavy-duty cleaning tasks. For heavy-duty cleaning, the solution should not be diluted. For medium-duty cleaning, a dilution rate of 1:3 is appropriate, and for light-duty cleaning tasks, such as kitchen counters, a 1:20 dilution rate is recommended.
The advantages of the Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser are as follows:
- The Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser is one of the most affordable products on the market that also provides high-performance cleaning.
- The Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser is non-corrosive and does not contain any petroleum solvents and abrasives.
- The Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser is approved for most non-food surfaces.
- The Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser is suited for both industrial and household use.
- The Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser doesn’t contain bleach or other potentially dangerous substances and is not toxic.
The disadvantages of the Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser are as follows:
- The Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser is not effective if it is used with inappropriate dilution, this is why the dilution chart on the label should be followed strictly.
2. Chomp Pull It Out Oil/Stain Remover for Concrete
Chomp is a renowned brand that specializes in the production of high-quality cleaning solutions suited for a large variety of surfaces.
The Chomp Pull It Out is an efficient oil and stain remover designed for porous surfaces such as concrete, bricks, pavers, and stone. This cleaner works well in eliminating stains from driveways, garage floors, parking lots, and more.
The Chomp Pull It Out concrete cleaner stands out among competitors because of its high-performance levels. This concrete cleaner has a deep penetrating formula that provides great results in less time than similar products. This formula helps remove petroleum-based stains and oil stains such as brake fluid, engine oil, or transmission fluid without damaging the cleaned area.
The Chomp Pull It Out Oil and Stain Remover costs around $20.
The Chomp Pull It Out Oil and Stain Remover comes in a 32 fl. Oz container and has a liquid formula. In terms of safety, this concrete degreaser is one of the safest to use on the market because it doesn’t include bleach, acids, or other chemical substances that have hazardous effects.
The advantages of the Chomp Pull It Out Oil Concrete Cleaner are as follows:
- Chomp Pull It Out has a versatile ‘poultice’ technology formula that makes it ideal for removing a wide variety of stains by using different techniques.
- Chomp Pull It Out is non-toxic and fully biodegradable.
- Chomp Pull It Out does not need agitation prior to use in order to work properly.
- Chomp Pull It Out is specially formulated not to discolor or deteriorate the cleaned area.
- Chomp Pull It Out requires small amounts of product to be effective.
The disadvantages of the Chomp Pull It Out Oil Concrete Cleaner are as follows:
- Chomp Pull It Out is not suited for large stained areas because it comes in a relatively small container.
3. Black Diamond Stoneworks Concrete Floor Cleaner
Black Diamond Stoneworks is a company specialized in the production of eco-friendly household cleaners, that has a variety of more than 30 products on the market.
The Black Diamond Stoneworks concrete floor cleaner is a premium soap designed to protect and maintain slate, travertine, limestone, polished concrete, and more.
The Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone & Travertine has a natural formula that is very effective in cleaning and sealing concrete and stone, which makes it stand out among competitors. This concrete cleaner contains water, wood-derived oil soap, and proprietary ingredients, and can deliver proficient cleaning really quickly.
The Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone & Travertine costs around $15.
The Black Diamond Stoneworks concrete floor cleaner comes in a 32-ounce container that has an ergonomic design and is also easy to store. The bottle is opaque, which protects the solution from potential UV-ray damage. This cleaning solution is Compact by Design Amazon certified, which means that the production process has low carbon emissions.
The Black Diamond Stoneworks stone cleaner has a concentrated pH-neutral formula that needs to be combined with hot or cold water. The amount of cleaning solution needed for 1 gallon of water is 4 ounces.
The advantages of the Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone & Travertine concrete cleaner are as follows:
- Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone & Travertine is fully biodegradable.
- Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone & Travertine is not harmful to the user, as it doesn’t contain bleach or acids.
- Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone & Travertine helps make the colors of the floor more vivid.
- Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone & Travertine is suitable for outdoor, as well as indoor use.
- Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone & Travertine is pet and child-friendly.
The disadvantages of the Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone & Travertine concrete cleaner are as follows:
- Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone & Travertine is not suited for removing dirt and stains from unsealed concrete.
4. Zep Professional Heavy-Duty Powdered Concrete Cleaner
Zep Inc is a company that has become popular in the cleaning solution industry due to its drive to deliver EPA-certified products that measure up to every customer’s needs.
The Zep Powdered Concrete Cleaner R02934 is a heavy-duty cleaning solution designed to remove embedded soil from concrete surfaces. This soap is meant for professional use and can be used effectively on other types of dirt also.
The Zep Powdered Concrete Cleaner R02934’s core strength is its ability to change color in order to indicate that it is actively working on removing embedded grime. This powder has an orange color that turns green when the detergent is dissolved in water. This detergent works really well in removing grime stains and stubborn grease stains from various types of concrete floors.
The Zep Powdered Concrete Cleaner R02934 costs around $90.
The Zep Powdered Concrete Cleaner R02934 comes in a 40-pound bucket that facilitates cleaning large dirty areas. The grimed surface needs to be watered before the product is applied. Ten minutes after application, the area has to be brushed, and rinsed with a pressure washer.
The advantages of the Zep Professional Heavy-Duty Powdered Concrete Cleaner are as follows:
- The Zep Powdered Concrete Cleaner R02934 is ideal for heavy-duty cleaning tasks due to its powerful formula.
- The Zep Powdered Concrete Cleaner R02934 comes in large quantities considering its affordable price.
- The Zep Powdered Concrete Cleaner R02934 is biodegradable.
- The Zep Powdered Concrete Cleaner R02934 has a fast-acting formula that dissolves embedded dirt quicker than similar products.
- The Zep Powdered Concrete Cleaner R02934 is suited for grease stains that are not very old.
The disadvantages of the Zep Professional Heavy-Duty Powdered Concrete Cleaner are as follows:
- The Zep Powdered Concrete Cleaner R02934 powder formula might turn solid if it is not stored properly.
- The Zep Powdered Concrete Cleaner R02934 requires the use of a brush for deep cleaning.
5. Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner
EcoProCote is a brand that produces high-performance chemicals and coatings. This brand is renowned in the eco-friendly cleaning industry for its high-quality and efficient products.
The Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner is an organic acid product designed for deep cleaning. This cleaning solution is suited for unsealed concrete and cementitious surfaces. This product’s formula makes it perfect for removing light rust, calcium, pollutants, efflorescence, ground stains, lime build-up, and more.
The Eco-Etch Pro Concrete concrete cleaner stands out among competitors because it has etching properties. The capacity of this cleaner to open the pores of the concrete in order for the coating to penetrate and adhere to the surface makes it a good choice for people who want to seal their concrete.
The Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner costs around $30.
The Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner comes in a 1-gallon container and can be undiluted for harder stains or diluted at a rate of up to 3:1 for light-duty cleaning jobs. One gallon of product can cover a 200 square feet surface.
The advantages of the Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner are as follows:
- The Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner is an organic acid that will not harm the lungs or skin of the user because it doesn’t contain muriatic acid or phosphoric acid, which are usually used for these procedures.
- The Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner is versatile and is suited for various surfaces such as concrete bridges and profiling, or brick fences, without damaging them.
- The Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner is 100% biodegradable.
- The Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner will not harm the vegetation that surrounds the cleaned area in case of contact.
The disadvantages of the Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner are as follows:
- The Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner doesn’t just clean dirt but also makes the surface more porous, a procedure that some users want to avoid.
6. Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner Concentrate
Sheiner’s is a company that produces cleaning solutions delivered to hospitals, janitorial service providers, and other commercial users all over the US.
The Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner is a non-toxic product designed for professional and residential use. This cleaning solution is also suited for marble, vinyl, granite, stone, linoleum, Marmoleum, tiles, stained and sealed concrete, and more.
The Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner is different from its competitors because it is perfect to maintain a clean house, even if it will not be able to remove efflorescence from driveways. This concrete cleaner is really effective in eliminating bad odors, apart from being able to remove dirt and stains.
The Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner costs around $30.
The Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner is packed in a 128-ounce container and is lavender-scented. This product needs to be diluted in order to be used on the surfaces mentioned above. One ounce of product is enough for 1 gallon of water, resulting in a total of 128 gallons of cleaning solution.
The advantages of the Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner are as follows:
- The Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner has a neutral pH, perfect for indoor use.
- The Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner doesn’t contain ammonia, bleach, or other toxic chemicals and is safe to use around children and pets.
- The Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner is really cost-effective considering the high amount of cleaning solution that results after dilution.
- The Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner doesn’t require rinsing, reducing the time needed for a cleaning job.
- The Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner Concentrate has a Compact by Design Amazon certification that states that the production of this cleaning solution comes with reduced carbon emissions.
The disadvantages of the Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner are as follows:
- The Sheiner’s Floor Concentrate Cleaner is not suited for removing stubborn grease stains from outdoor concrete surfaces.
7. RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover
RadonSeal is a well-known brand in the US specialized in the production of concrete and brick cleaners and sealers.
The RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover is a cleaning product designed to remove salt deposits, lime, rust stains, and non-greasy stains from unsealed cement, bricks, and masonry.
The RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover stands out among competitors because it is specially formulated to be used both indoors and outdoors. This product has a strong formula that is free of bleach, petroleum distillates, muriatic acid, hydrochloric acid, phosphoric acids, and abrasives. This formula is composed of Urea Monohydrochloride in a 25%-30% concentration, is 70% more effective than glycolic acids, and comes without their toxic effects.
The RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover costs around $50.
The RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover has a liquid formula, comes in a 1-gallon bottle that has an ergonomic design, and is made in the US. The evaporation rate of this concrete cleaner is the same as the one of water, which means that the cleaned surfaces will dry in less time than with the use of similar products.
The RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover has a 1-year shelf life and can be used by itself together with a brush or together with a pressure washer.
The advantages of the RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover are as follows:
- The RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover has low odor levels which makes it perfect for indoor use.
- The RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover does not have a corrosive effect on the skin.
- The RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover is ready to use and doesn’t need dilution.
- The RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover is water-soluble and doesn’t require neutralization.
- The RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover can be used both on vertical and horizontal surfaces.
The disadvantages of the RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover are as follows:
- The RadonSeal Efflorescence Remover is not suited for heavy-duty deep cleaning tasks.
8. American Hydro Systems 2662 Liquid Rust Concrete Stain Remover
American Hydro Systems is a brand specialized in irrigation products and everything that comes with them. Special cleaning solutions used in the field are one of the brand’s main focuses.
The American Hydro Systems Rid O’Rust Rust Stain Remover is a liquid cleaning solution designed to remove stains resulting from irrigation systems. This product is suited for concrete, stone, grout, asphalt, bricks, wood, vinyl, and more. This can be used efficiently only for outdoor surfaces such as driveways, sidewalks, sidings, boats, and stucco.
The Rid O’Rust Rust Stain Remover is different from other types of concrete cleaners because it targets only one type of stain and does a great job of removing it really quickly. The product is easy to use and does not require any brushes or other tools to do its job.
The Rid O’Rust Rust Stain Remover costs around $16.
The Rid O’Rust Rust Stain Remover has a liquid formula that comes in a 1-gallon ergonomic bottle. One bottle of product is enough to cover a 400 square feet surface if it is applied with a sprayer.
The advantages of the American Hydro Systems Rid O’Rust Rust Stain Remover are as follows:
- The Rid O’Rust Rust Stain Remover is cost-effective, as it covers a large surface by using just one bottle.
- The Rid O’Rust Rust Stain Remover acts really quickly by removing stains within a few seconds.
- The Rid O’Rust Rust Stain Remover has a ready-to-use pre-mixed formula that doesn’t require dilution.
The disadvantages of the American Hydro Systems Rid O’Rust Rust Stain Remover are as follows:
- The Rid O’Rust Rust Stain Remover’s use is restricted only to rust stains.
- The Rid O’Rust Rust Stain Remover contains acids that can be irritating to the eyes and skin.
9. Terminator-HSD Eco Removes Oil & Grease Stains on Concrete
Terradis is a company based in Australia that specializes in the production of grease cleaning products, targeting stains such as motor oil, petrol, diesel, or crude stains.
The Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner is formulated to remove hydraulic fluid, oils, solvents, and fuels quickly and efficiently. This cleaning solution can be used on concrete, asphalt, porous stone, and soils.
The Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner is different from competitors due to its composition. This product comes in the form of a powder that includes microorganisms that feed on petroleum compounds. This is why using a pressure washer for this product to work is not compulsory.
The Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner costs around $40.
The Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner is eco-friendly and doesn’t produce any toxic vapors. The only byproducts resulting from the use of this cleaning solution are water and CO2. This product comes with great results after 4 to 6 weeks of use, with weekly application that requires not removing the product from the surface that it is applied to.
The Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner is packed in a 2-pound container. This quantity is enough to efficiently clean a 200 to 400 square feet area.
The advantages of the Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner are as follows:
- The Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner is one of the most environmentally friendly products on the market, as it is 100% biodegradable and doesn’t contain any environmentally toxic substances.
- The Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner is not irritant to the skin, eyes, or lungs and can be used safely by anybody.
- The Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner is really easy to use and the cleaning process doesn’t require any special tools.
The disadvantages of the Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner are as follows:
- The Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner doesn’t work on efflorescence or animal grease.
- The Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner requires long-term action in order to remove stains, so the final results are not immediate.
10. ACT Concrete Cleaner Eco Removes Oil Grease Mildew Stains
ACT is a company established in 1996 that has become one of the most renowned eco-friendly cleaning products manufacturers. This brand is accompanied by various certifications that include EPA, USDA Bio preferred Product, and more.
The ACT Concrete Cleaner is an eco-friendly cleaning solution based on a formula that disintegrates oils and proteins to deep clean a variety of surfaces. To achieve an immaculate surface, a few consecutive weekly applications might be required.
The ACT Concrete Cleaner stands out among products that use similar formulas due to the wide variety of stains that it can remove. This cleaning solution is efficient in removing petroleum-based stains, antifreeze, grease, oil, diesel, rust, protein-based stains, pet waste stains, condiment stains, soda pop, bird droppings, and more. The large number of surface types that this product cleans without deteriorating is also what makes it different from its competitors. Surfaces such as concrete, rock, stone, pavers, marble, tile, grout, wood, plastic, metal, can all be cleaned in no time.
The ACT Concrete Cleaner costs around $40.
The ACT Concrete Cleaner comes in a 2.5-pound plastic container, has a powder formula, and covers a surface of approximately 250 square feet if dosed appropriately.
The advantages of the ACT Concrete Cleaner are as follows:
- The ACT Concrete Cleaner is safe to use among children and pets.
- The ACT Concrete Cleaner removes petroleum-based stains in a shorter period of time compared to products that use similar cleaning formulas.
- The ACT Concrete Cleaner is really easy to use because the application is simple and does not require any special tools.
- The ACT Concrete Cleaner doesn’t require rinsing, which reduces the time needed for a cleaning task and makes the process less messy.
The disadvantages of the ACT Concrete Cleaner are as follows:
- The ACT Concrete Cleaner does not provide immediate results, which might be inconvenient for some users.
Do You Need a Concrete Cleaner?
A concrete cleaner is needed for removing lime and mortar residues, moss, and algae off concrete and natural stone surfaces, stucco walls, and facades. Concrete is porous, which is why regular pressure washers and soap or detergents can make little holes in it or deepen the existing ones by 5 to 20%. All-purpose detergents and floor cleaners aren’t strong enough to remove layers of dirt or moss off the concrete, unlike specialized concrete cleaners that efficiently remove salt residue, road grime, and oil stains.
Concrete Cleaner Buying Guide
The pH factor and the type of formula, concentrated or diluted, are factors that should be considered when buying concrete cleaners.
1. The pH Factor
The pH factor measures the acidity or alkalinity of concrete cleaners. Stained and oily concrete surfaces require cleaning with acidic or alkaline concrete cleaners. Neutral concrete cleaners that have a pH value around 7 are most suitable for mild cleaning of sealed concrete floors. Enzymatic and bacterial concrete cleaners are most suitable for cleaning pet stains and other protein and hydrocarbon-based dirt trapped inside the porous concrete.
1.1. pH Neutral Cleaners
Interior concrete surfaces such are sealed with a top-coat that keeps dirt from creeping into cracks and holes. pH neutral concrete cleaners work best on top-coated interior surfaces since they can efficiently remove contaminants without damaging the concrete. pH neutral concrete cleaners can be used on unsealed concrete surfaces, especially when used with pressure washer surface cleaners.
1.2. Acidic cleaners
Efflorescence is a type of dirt that is native to concrete and it is caused by water vapor rising through the slab of concrete that is bringing salt to the surface. The best way to remove efflorescence and crystalline salt off concrete surfaces is to use acidic concrete cleaners. After applying an acidic concrete cleaner, the surface should be neutralized and rinsed with an alkaline formula such as baking soda and water several times.
1.2.1. Acid type
Diluted muriatic acid, sulfamic acid, and phosphoric acid are the three most types of acidic concrete cleaners. Diluted muriatic acid is highly efficient yet hazardous to use, which is why all precautions should be followed when applying it. Sulfamic acid is less dangerous and equally effective such as diluted muriatic acid. Phosphoric acid creates fewer fumes and it is used for cleaning interior concrete surfaces.
1.3. Alkaline cleaners
Alkaline concrete cleaners, also known as concrete degreasers, are most effective with years-old grease or oily stains. Alkaline concrete cleaners break down oily substances gradually, which is why they should be left to sit for about one hour on the surface, after which the stains should be easy to wash away. Concrete is naturally alkaline, so alkaline concrete cleaners are often used for neutralizing concrete surfaces after they have been cleaned with acid cleaners.
Alkaline surface cleaners can be harmful to paints and damage aluminum and shouldn’t be used for cleaning indoor concrete surfaces because they create vapors.
1.4. Enzymatic and Bacterial Cleaners
Enzymatic and bacterial concrete cleaners are a natural, risk-free solution for cleaning grease and animal urine stains.
Enzymes are natural catalysts that are used to speed up chemical processes. There are 7 types of enzymes, some of which include lyases that are commonly used on oily stains, proteases that work best on protein stains such as pet urine, and amylases that remove carbohydrate or starch-based stains.
Enzymatic and bacterial concrete cleaners can break down different types of oils and are highly effective with removing petroleum compounds whilst not being harmful to other materials, plants, pets, or humans. Bacterial concrete cleaners don’t have to be rinsed since they dissipate on their own, yet require scrubbing the surface using a brush.
2. Diluted or Concentrated Formula
Similar to foam cannon soaps, concrete cleaners can be diluted or concentrated. pH neutral concrete cleaners are concentrated and packed in the quarter, half-gallon, and gallon bottles. pH neutral concrete cleaners pose no danger to objects, plants, pets or humans and can be diluted in different ratios, depending on the formula.
Acidic and alkaline concrete cleaners are mostly pre-diluted while concentrated products should be used according to the type, severity, and age of the stain. When dealing with less severely soiled concrete stains, acidic and alkaline concrete cleaners can be mixed with clean water.
FAQ About Concrete Cleaners
1. What is efflorescence, is it harmful, and how to get rid of it?
Efflorescence is the white powder that appears on unsealed concrete surfaces or white blush on sealed concrete floors. Efflorescence rises to the surface from inside the concrete slab, when white streaks caused by salt start appearing on the concrete surface.
Efflorescence is not harmful to the structural integrity of concrete, yet it may take some time to be washed off, which is when acidic concrete cleaners should be applied to remove the salt deposits. Efflorescence can be sandblasted away while using concrete cleaners is the most effective solution for removing it.
2. What do I need to know before cleaning efflorescence with muriatic acid?
Muriatic or hydrochloric acid is hydrogen gas in water that should be diluted with water in acid-resistant plastic containers. Water shouldn’t be poured over muriatic acid but vice versa, otherwise, the acid may explode and cause injuries. Muriatic acid is the strongest commercially available acid for removing efflorescence from concrete that should be applied using a spray bottle.
Complete body protection, including gloves, goggles, and a breathing mask should be worn when applying muriatic acid on concrete surfaces since it releases strong fumes. After applying muriatic acid on concrete, the surface should be neutralized with baking soda.
3. Can I use bleach to clean concrete?
Bleach can be used for cleaning concrete since it works well with mold or mildew on both unsealed and sealed surfaces, however, it can’t remove efflorescence off concrete. Full-strength bleach shouldn’t be used on the concrete surface, otherwise, it can damage them. Bleach should be mixed with water in ratio 2:1 and applied to concrete with a mop, let to sit on the surface for 10 minutes, then rinsed with a pressure washer.
4. Can I spray concrete cleaner with my pressure washer like soap?
No, concrete cleaners can’t be sprayed using a pressure washer because they can’t create bubbles and lather. Acid, alkaline, enzymatic, and bacterial concrete cleaners may damage the pressure washer soap tank or the pressure washer pump. A pressure washer should be used solely for rinsing the concrete cleaner off the surface.
5. Can you use chlorine to clean concrete?
Chlorine can be used for cleaning concrete under the condition it is not mixed with other cleaning agents.
6. What can I use to clean concrete driveways?
Bioremediation cleaner should be applied on concrete driveways to remove oil stains. Hypochlorite-based concrete cleaners are efficient in removing algae and moss off the concrete surfaces. Acidic concrete cleaners should be used for deep cleaning concrete driveways and removing efflorescence.
7. Does Dawn remove oil from concrete?
Yes, Dawn does remove oil from concrete when mixed with hot water and applied to stains. However, concrete cleaners can be more efficient with cleaning concrete and removing oil and other types of stains.
8. What is the fastest way to get oil out of concrete?
The fastest way to get oil out of concrete is to apply a concrete cleaner to the surface, scrub it using a brush, and rinse the cleaner off after about 10 minutes.