Quiet pressure washers are units that produce around 80dB and can be used without ear protection gear. Quiet pressure washers are suited for contractors that need to protect their employee’s health or individual users that don’t like high decibels.
Best quiet pressure washer brands are Sun Joe, WEN, Karcher, and POWER. The pros and cons of their products are presented in the quiet pressure washer reviews.
The essential factors that need to be considered before purchasing a quiet pressure washer include water pressure, portability, and unit size. These factors along with noise levels are detailed in this quiet pressure washers buying guide.
The quietest pressure washers are listed below:
- Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI Pressure Washer
- WEN PW19 2000 PSI Variable Flow Electric Pressure Washer
- TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI
- Karcher K5 Electric Power Pressure Washer
- POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI
Quiet Pressure Washers Comparison Chart
Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI Pressure Washer
|View On Amazon|
WEN PW19 2000 PSI Variable Flow Electric Pressure Washer
|View On Amazon|
TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI
|View On Amazon|
Karcher K5 Electric Power Pressure Washer
|View On Amazon|
POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI
|View On Amazon|
Quiet Pressure Washer Reviews
1. Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI Pressure Washer
Sun Joe is a world leader in the pressure washer industry specialized in manufacturing high-performance electric power cleaning units. This brand focuses on meeting consumers’ needs and a reduced noise level is one of them.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI Pressure Washer is a silent electric pressure washer designed to thoroughly clean surfaces in less time than similar products. This machine is designed for light to medium-duty residential cleaning tasks such as driveways, decks, backyards, cars, patios, boats, and more.
The Sun Joe SPX3000’s core strength is the low noise levels its engine produces while being able to generate high power. This 14.8-Amp motor delivers a maximum pressure rate of 2030 PSI at 1.76 GPM. The manufacturer lists this unit’s maximum noise levels at 96 dB, but the real measured noise that this pressure washer makes is around 83 dB. The Sun Joe SPX3000 dB levels are the lowest among competitors when measured at a 25-foot distance. These low dB levels reduce the chances of bothering residents in nearby areas.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 can be bought for around $200.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 weighs 31 pounds, is easy to store and maneuver, and comes with a dual detergent tank. The two 30 fl oz. soap tanks allow the user to quickly change between chemicals during a cleaning task.
The accessories of the Sun Joe SPX3000 include 5 quick-connect nozzle tips, a garden hose adapter, a 20-feet high-pressure hose, a 34-inch extension spray wand, and a 35 feet long power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 has a 2-year warranty for residential use and a 90-day warranty for commercial use.
The advantages of the Sun Joe SPX3000 are as follows:
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 leaves out an even buzz that is not disturbing for the user or for individuals nearby.
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 has a total stop system that shuts down the engine and the pump when the trigger is released, prolonging the unit’s lifespan.
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 comes with onboard storage for the nozzles.
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 has a compact design that makes it easy to move around and reduces storage space.
- The Sun Joe SPX3000’s electric cord is equipped with a GFCI module that shuts down the unit in case of power problems or water contact.
The disadvantages of the Sun Joe SPX3000 are as follows:
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 is not supplied with a hose reel.
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 comes with an adapter made of plastic.
2. WEN PW19 2000 PSI Variable Flow Electric Pressure Washer
WEN is a power tool manufacturer that has been present on the market since 1951. This brand is renowned for producing high-quality and reliable electric power washers.
The WEN PW19 2000 PSI Variable Flow Electric Pressure Washer is a silent affordable cleaning unit designed for light to medium-duty residential cleaning jobs. This machine is suited for cleaning outdoor furniture, cars, cement, bricks, decks, and more.
The WEN PW19 pressure washer stands out among its competitors due to its compact design. The unit measures 15.75 x 9 x 12 inches, weighs only 14.3 pounds, and can be moved around easily by using the attached handle on top. The handle will not deteriorate or detach because it is molded on the frame of the unit. This power washer is equipped with a 36-feet electric cord that increases mobility levels.
The WEN PW19 2000 PSI Variable Flow Electric Pressure Washer costs around $80 and is one of the most affordable electric units on the market.
The WEN PW19 has a quiet and powerful 13-Amp engine that can deliver up to 2000 PSI at a maximum power flow rate of 1.6 GPM. The total power of the unit is 3200 CU, which is pretty high for a unit of this dimension.
The WEN PW19 2000 PSI Variable Flow Electric Pressure Washer features an attachable 13 fl oz. soap tank, a water inlet supplied with a filter, a quick on/off switch, and a trigger safety lock. The accessories included in the WEN PW19 package are a trigger gun, a spray lance, a variable nozzle head, and a 16.5-feet reinforced high-pressure hose.
The warranty of the WEN PW19 2000 PSI Variable Flow Electric Pressure Washer covers 2 years.
The advantages of the WEN PW19 2000 PSI Variable Flow Electric Pressure Washer are as follows:
- The WEN PW19 pressure washer comes with high PSI levels for its price.
- The WEN PW19 power washer is equipped with a total stop system that turns off the pump and the motor when the trigger is not engaged.
- The WEN PW19 pressure washer is highly portable.
- The WEN PW19 power washer is supplied with a water filter.
- The WEN PW19 pressure washer is compact and requires small storage space.
The disadvantages of the WEN PW19 2000 PSI Variable Flow Electric Pressure Washer are as follows:
- The WEN PW19 pressure washer has a short hose.
- The WEN PW19 power washer does not provide storage for the hose.
3. TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI
TEANDE is a trustworthy brand that specializes in pressure washers and other types of cleaning equipment. This brand is focused on combining durability with innovative design in order to create reliable products.
The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI is designed to deliver water at high pressure with reduced noise levels. This power washer is suited for medium-duty residential tasks and can be used for cleaning sidewalks, sidings, decks, fences, patios, and more.
The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI’s key strength is its 1800W induction brushless motor. This type of engine delivers high power at low noise levels and does not overheat due to the lack of friction that this technology provides. The motor generates up to 3800 PSI at a 2.8 GPM maximum water flow rate. This power washer automatically shuts down when the trigger is not engaged in order to save energy and extend the pump’s lifespan, due to the total stop system.
The price of the TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI is around $170.
The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI weighs 23.3 pounds and is partially made of plastic. The motor and the connectors are made of metal. This power washer is low-maintenance but needs to be winterized every year – cleaned, drained, and stored between uses.
The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI comes with 5 adjustable spray nozzles, a 19.8 feet long high-pressure hose, a 35 feet power cord, a pistol handle, and a spray wand.
The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI is backed by a 2-year limited warranty that covers parts and labor. The warranty covers 1-year for commercial use.
The advantages of The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI are as follows:
- The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI engine has an overheating protection system.
- The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI comes with high power levels compared to other quiet pressure washers.
- The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI is equipped with large tubeless wheels that make it easy to move around.
- The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI has built-in storage compartments for the accessories.
- The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI is equipped with a leakage-proof switch.
The disadvantages of The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI are as follows:
- The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI takes more time to assemble than similar products.
- The TEANDE Electric Pressure Washer 3800 PSI doesn’t have a hose reel.
4. Karcher K5 Electric Power Pressure Washer
Karcher is a German brand renowned for its reliable cleaning units since 1950. This brand is known all over the world for its pressure washers’ durability and versatility.
The Karcher K5 Electric Power Pressure Washer is a quiet cleaning unit designed for residential use that comes with a specified decibel rating of 90.1 dB. This power washer can easily clean stubborn stains and can be used for light and medium-duty cleaning tasks.
The Karcher K5 Electric Power Pressure Washer stands out among similar products because of its long lifespan. This machine is equipped with an induction engine that can generate up to 2000 PSI at a 1.4 GPM maximum water flow rate. This motor has a water cooling feature that prevents it from overheating, increasing its lifespan. The durability of the K5 power washer is also enhanced by the fact that its N-cor pump is maintenance-free and made of non-corrosive materials.
The Karcher K5 Electric Power Pressure Washer costs around $230.
The accessories of the Karcher K5 Electric Power Pressure Washer include a 25-feet high-pressure hose, a Dirtblaster spray wand, a Vario spray wand, and a 35-feet power cord with GFCI. The Dirtblaster wand is able to remove stubborn dirt from hard surfaces such as cement. The Vario spray wand increases the versatility of this power washer because it comes with adjustable pressure settings that allow the user to clean different types of surfaces, from hard to fragile, accordingly.
The Karcher K5 weighs 28.22 pounds, has a compact design, and does not require large storage space.
The Karcher K5 comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
The advantages of the Karcher K5 Electric Power Pressure Washer are as follows:
- The Karcher K5 comes with reduced energy and water consumption levels that make this pressure washer eco-friendly.
- The Karcher K5 does not overheat, which eliminates the need to take breaks in order for the engine to cool down.
- The Karcher K5 has an adjustable handle which reduces storage space and increases ease of use.
- The Karcher K5 is equipped with an onboard detergent tank.
- The Karcher K5 comes with high safety levels.
- The Karcher K5 has a maintenance-free pump which reduces the need for further expenses.
The disadvantages of the Karcher K5 Electric Power Pressure Washer are as follows:
- The Karcher K5 doesn’t have an onboard hose reel.
- The Karcher K5 is harder to assemble than similar products.
5. POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI
POWER USA is a brand founded in the early 2000s by launching the Water Jet. In 2017 the brand has started to improve pressure washer technology by releasing a series of products that are now used all over the world.
The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI is a quiet cleaning unit that is suited for low to medium-duty cleaning jobs. This power washer is designed to tackle stubborn stains while cleaning patios, sidewalks, outdoor furniture, trucks, cars, motorcycles, bricks, cement, and more.
The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI is different from its competitors due to the advanced technology used to design its engine. The unit is equipped with a 14.5-Amp high-tech induction motor that generates up to 2200 PSI at a maximum water flow of 1.76 GPM, totaling 3872 CU. The noise levels that this engine produces are among the lowest in the industry.
The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI costs around $150.
The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI comes with an increased lifespan that is almost 4 times larger than that of similar products. The induction engine uses less energy than brushed motors and also generates less heat, expanding the life expectancy of this pressure washer.
The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI weighs 35.4 pounds and has a compact design which makes it easy to store. The frame of this unit is equipped with 2 wheels that ease portability.
The accessories of the POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI are a 20-feet high-pressure hose, a trigger gun, 4 nozzle tips, a detergent bottle, and a 30-feet electric cord.
The warranty for the POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI covers 3 years.
The advantages of the POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI are as follows:
- The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI comes with a total stop system that turns off the pump and the engine automatically when the trigger is not engaged.
- The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI has a vertical casing made of durable and strong materials that offer higher protection for the pump and the engine.
- The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI includes a soap dispenser.
- The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI is easy to assemble.
- The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI is very easy to maneuver.
The disadvantages of the POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI are as follows:
- The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI is relatively heavy.
- The POWER Pressure Washer NXG-2200 PSI’s onboard storage for the hose is not very reliable.
Who Needs a Quiet Pressure Washer?
Individuals who use pressure washers at least once a week and contractors who want to minimize the comfort of residents around the site and protect their worker’s health need quiet pressure washers. Standard pressure washers can produce up to 105 dB of noise, which is up to 30 dB higher than regular vacuum cleaners. The noise pressure washers produce can damage the sense of hearing if the machine is used for several hours per day.
Individuals using pressure washers for seasonal yard clean-ups don’t need quiet pressure washers since the machine can’t damage their hearing in this short period. Individuals using pressure washers regularly – at least once a week, need to use quiet pressure washers to keep their hearing and nerves intact. A bulldozer is typically only around 10 dB louder than a strong gas-powered pressure washer. Individuals who don’t want to disturb their families or neighbors need quiet pressure washers since the noise regular pressure washers produce can get inside homes.
Contractors need quiet pressure washer models to ensure the comfort of residents around the site and protect the health of the workers who operate the machines. Operating a regular pressure washer that delivers a noise level of over 85 dB for 8 hours a day can damage the hearing.
Quiet pressure washers can be used for vinyl siding cleaning and more demanding jobs. There are more quiet commercial pressure washers than gas pressure washers. When not using quiet pressure washers, earmuffs and earplugs should be worn to reduce the noise by 15 to 30 dB.
Measuring Noise Levels
1. Decibel Rating
The measurement unit used for noise is called Decibel (dB), and it is measured on a logarithmic scale. If noise produced by a pressure washer is twice as loud as 20 dB, then the machine is producing noise between 26 and 30 dB, which is below the level that can cause hearing loss.
2. What It Sounds Like
Methods to measure noise levels are listed below.
- Being able to hear breathing and the fire crackling means that the surroundings are producing the noise of 10 dB.
- The sound of birds singing or light rain falling produces noise of around 40 dB.
- Refrigerators produce noise of 50 dB.
- Regular vacuum cleaners produce noise of around 80 dB.
- Three people talking produce noise of 60 to 70 dB.
- The traffic in a business district is around 85 dB, which is the level of noise that can cause gradual yet permanent hearing loss.
- Pressure washers produce between 70 and 105 dB. Electric pressure washers produce around 80-85 dB and gas models produce 95 dB. Quiet pressure washers produce around 70 dB.
- A run of the mill power mower makes around 105 dB of noise, while a chainsaw produces noise of about 110 dB.
- Loud noises of 125 dB can cause physical pain.
- A jet engine taking off or a gun shooting tops produce noise of around 140 dB.
Exposure to the noise of 88 dB for longer than 4 hours without wearing ear protection can cause gradual hearing loss. A noise of 100 dB or more can damage the hearing within 15 minutes so protective gear should be put on before this time.
3. How Quiet are Quiet Pressure Washers?
A pressure washer is considered quiet if it makes less than 85 dB on average. Most quiet pressure washers produce around 80 dB. When using quiet pressure washers that make noise of 70 dB, protective equipment doesn’t have to be worn.
Quiet Pressure Washer Buying Guide
When buying quiet pressure washers, factors such as water pressure, portability, and unit size should be considered, all of which are listed below.
1. Water Pressure
A pressure washer pump is responsible for pressurizing the water coming out of the pressure washer, and it is powered by the pressure washer’s motor. The pressure washer’s motor is the element that creates the most noise. Quiet pressure washers deliver lower water pressure – 1,5 GPM at 2,000 to 2,500 PSI, than regular pressure washers that deliver between 1 and 3 GPM at 3,000 to 5,00 PSI through their pressure wands. CP or cleaning power of a pressure washer is calculated by multiplying the GPM and PSI ratings. Quiet pressure washers typically have 3,000 CP – 1,5 GPM multiplied by 2,000 PSI.
The portability of a quiet pressure washer is determined by the weight, cord, and hose length.
Most quiet pressure washers and electric pressure washers have simple wheeled constructions and weigh up to 30 pounds, which makes them easy to move around.
2.2. Cord and Hose Length
Gas-powered washers are portable but heavy since they don’t use electric outlets and they produce the highest level of noise amongst pressure washers. Electric pressure washers produce the lowest noise but come with movement limitations. The length of the cord and the hose reduce the mobility of a quiet pressure washer.
3. Unit Size
Most quiet pressure washers are compact and have an upright design, which makes them easy to store.
FAQ About Quiet Pressure Washers
1. Which are quieter – gas or electric pressure washers?
Electric pressure washers are quieter than gas pressure washers. When working with gas pressure washers, hearing protection should be worn.
2. How can I protect my hearing if I have a loud pressure washer?
To protect the hearing when working with loud pressure washers, cotton balls, earplugs or earmuffs should be worn to decrease the noise by 30 dB or the machine should be replaced with a quiet pressure washer.