The steps on how to remove pressure washer nozzle are listed below:
- Turn off the water supply,
- Locate the pressure washer nozzle,
- Take off the fasteners to remove the pressure washer wand or trigger gun,
- Unlock the wand or the trigger from their position,
- Twist the pressure washer nozzle to remove it.
Detailed information about how to remove pressure washer nozzle, why remove a pressure washer nozzle, and when to remove a pressure washer nozzle is provided below.
Why Remove a Pressure Washer Nozzle?
A pressure washer nozzle should be removed to prevent it from wearing out prematurely, to prevent leakages, other performance issues, and injuries. If not removed after use, a pressure washer nozzle’s inner components can start corroding, which leads to leakages and can cause damages to the pressure washer.
The pressure washer nozzle should be removed so dirt, grime, and debris that collect on the inside can be cleaned, which ensures better performance and prolongs the nozzle’s lifespan. Pressure washer nozzle transmits water pressure and, if it is clogged, it will underperofm by up to 70% or burst due to the built-up pressure.
Our detailed article about how to choose the right pressure washer nozzle can also be helpful for the topic.
How to Remove Pressure Washer Nozzle
Steps on how to remove pressure washer nozzle are listed below:
- The water supply should be turned off and the pressure washer should be disconnected from the power outlet,
- The pressure nozzle with a metal screw or a plastic cap should be located,
- The pressure washer trigger gun and the pressure washer wand should be removed by twisting the base where they are connected or unlocked by using n Allen wrench,
- The pressure washer nozzle now can be twisted off.
Some pressure washers have a quick-release feature that allows detaching the pressure washer trigger gun and the pressure washer wand from their locked position without using an Allen wrench. Once the pressure washer trigger gun and the pressure washer wand are unlocked, the pressure washer nozzle can be removed.
1. How to remove pressure washer nozzle from a Karcher electric pressure washer?
To remove pressure washer nozzle from a Karcher electric pressure washer, the power dial should be turned to 0 and the nozzle should be twisted counterclockwise so it slides off the pressure washer trigger’s handle.
2. When to remove a pressure washer nozzle?
A pressure washer nozzle should be removed if the the operating pressure on the gauge drops at least 10%. If removing a pressure washer nozzle doesn’t resolve the drop in pressure, another part of the pressure washer should be replaced. An old pressure washer nozzle should be removed with a new pressure washer nozzle of the exact size, since installing a bigger pressure washer nozzle can cause a drop in pressure while installing a smaller pressure washer nozzle can cause premature degradation of the nozzle.
3. How to choose the right size of a pressure washer nozzle?
The right size of a pressure washer nozzle is compatible with the operating pressure of a pressure washer. A pressure washer nozzle of the right size can handle the flow rate in liters per minute delivered by the pressure washer pump, which should be considered when chaning a pressure washer nozzle.