Foam cannons are units that combine soap, water, and air to produce a thick foam that provides deep cleaning without damaging surfaces. Foam cannons are designed to be attached to pressure washer wands using 1/4 inch connectors. Foam cannons are multipurpose units used for cleaning grills, RVs, parkways, driveways, and motorcycles, but they are mostly used for carwashing.
Best foam cannon brands are DUSICHIN, Chemical Guys, Fasmov, Blisstime, and Foseal. The advantages and disadvantages of their products are presented in the foam cannon reviews.
Prospecting the market for a foam cannon requires analyzing factors such as intake, flow adjustments, container, and output. These factors are included in this foam cannon buying guide that discusses them in detail.
The best foam cannons are listed below:
- DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam
- Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit
- Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster
- Blisstime Snow Foam Lance Quick Release Adjustable Foam Cannon
- Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon
- HassPro Premium Quality 1LT Bottle Foam Cannon
- SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit
- Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon
Best Foam Cannons Comparison Chart
DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam
|View On Amazon|
Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit
|View On Amazon|
Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster
|View On Amazon|
Blisstime Snow Foam Lance Quick Release Adjustable Foam Cannon
|View On Amazon|
Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon
|View On Amazon|
HassPro Premium Quality 1LT Bottle Foam Cannon
|View On Amazon|
SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit
|View On Amazon|
Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon
|View On Amazon|
Best Foam Cannon Reviews (Updated List)
1. DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam
DUSICHIN is a well-established brand, famous for manufacturing durable and high-quality car cleaning tools like foam cannons, spray guns, and spray nozzles.
The DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam is suitable for both personal and professional car cleaning purposes. This foam cannon’s 33-ounce plastic container bottle is enough for deep-cleaning a normal-sized car, and it comes with indicative measurement markings.
The SFL-001 Foam Cannon’s sturdy built is what makes it different from similar products. All its adjustable fittings and connectors are made of quality brass to ensure a tight connection to the water pressure with zero leakage.
The DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam works with a ¼ inches quick disconnecting fitting, and the model works well with a pressure washer that generates at least 1.2 GPM and a maximum of 5.4 GPM, and a PSI between 1000 and 3000.
The DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam comes with an adjustable nozzle and can be changed between water column pattern and pattern spray models for varying cleaning needs. The knob at the top can be used to control the thickness of the foam. The (-) indicates reduced foam thickness and more water, while the (+) indicates less water and a thicker stud.
The DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon costs around $16.
The DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon pressure washer weighs 1 pound, making it light-weight.
The advantages of the DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon pressure washer are as follows:
- The DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam is suitable for professional cleaning that involves heavy-duty tasks.
- The DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam can be easily cleaned with water after use.
- The DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam pressure water is highly affordable compared to other foam cannons on the market.
The disadvantages of the DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon pressure washer are as follows:
- The DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon works only with a ¼ inches fitting dispenser bottle, making it hard to replace with a container of different measurements in case of damage.
- The DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam bottle is not transparent so it is not easy to see how much solution has been consumed when using a light-colored soap.
2. Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit
Chemical Guys is a 53-year-old global brand renowned for producing quality car care chemicals and accessories.
The Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit is suitable to offer any vehicle, from a gentle to a thorough professional wash. This TORQ Professional Foam Cannon covers the car with thick foam for the safest “touch-free” washing experience.
The Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit uses a next-generation air-injection technology that makes it different from similar products. The air-injection technology helps remove dirt even from very small cracks and corners.
The Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon comes with a durable 32-ounce plastic container with curves in the middle for a better grip. The model’s hi-tech nozzle mixes the air with the brand’s cleaning shampoos to form thick snow foam for smooth and scratch-free cleaning.
Each Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ kit contains a plastic foam cannon and 3 pH-neutral professional car cleaning shampoos: Glass Worky Auto Wash, Honeydew Snow Foam Auto Wash, and Citrus Wash & Glow. The Chemical Guys Foam Cannon is compatible with pressure washers that generate a maximum pressure rate between 800 and 3,500 PSI. The recommended water flow rate for this foam cannon is 2.0 GPM and should never be above 5.3 GPM.
The Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit costs around $90.
The TORQ Professional Foam Cannon is made of high-quality plastic, and stainless steel to avoid rusting. The kit includes a durable high-tech nozzle with brass connectors. The knob at the top of the nozzle can be used to adjust the foam thickness.
The Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit comes with a 30-day warranty period. The brand offers free replacement in case the product received is damaged if the notice is made within a month.
The Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ weighs 5.6 pounds and has 10.31 x 8.5 x 8.31 inches dimensions.
The advantages of Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit are as follows:
- The Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon is made from high-end technology for a better car washing experience.
- The Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ kit comes with 3 different kinds of pH-neutral shampoos for different cleaning purposes.
- The Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon is perfect for generating different foam densities.
- There is a free replacement offer if the Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon received is damaged.
The disadvantages of Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit are as follows:
- The Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon has plastic parts that are fragile and can break easily.
- The Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit comes with a short warranty period.
3. Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster
Fasmov is a well-known brand delivering high-quality vehicle and house cleaning solutions and accessories.
The Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster’s high-pressure and sturdy design makes it suitable for different types of cleaning tasks. This foam cannon can be used for cleaning vehicles, floors, walls, and windows.
The adjustable nozzle of The Fasmov Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster is what makes it stand out. The nozzle can be adjusted to change the spray pattern from jet stream to side-to-side pan sweeping. The angle of the nozzle can be shifted to move the nozzle’s head in different directions for distance cleaning.
The Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster’s container bottle can hold up to 28.16 ounces of cleaning solution. The knob at the top of the nozzle can be adjusted to modify foam density. The durable foam lance combines the air with the cleaning solution to form a thick clinging sud.
The Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster comes with a translucent container bottle, making it easy to see how much solution is left. This foam cannon forms a thick sud for perfect lubrication and scratch-free cleaning.
The Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster works well with a pressure range between 1000-2000 PSI and 2.0 GPM. The model weighs 0.06 pounds, making it one of the lightest foam cannons available on the market.
The estimated cost of The Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster is $17.
The advantages of Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster are as follows:
- The Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Cannon is available at an affordable price.
- The Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Cannon comes with ¼ inches disconnecting fittings that are durable as they are made from brass.
- The Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Cannon is recommended for daily use because it doesn’t cause any dents nor does it remove wax, sealants, or paint from the car.
The disadvantages of Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster are as follows:
- The Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster might break if pressure higher than 2000 PSI is used.
4. Blisstime Snow Foam Lance Quick Release Adjustable Foam Cannon
Blisstime is a renowned brand specialized in delivering high-quality and affordable cleaning tools and solutions worldwide.
The Blisstime Snow Foam Lance Quick Release Adjustable Foam Cannon is suitable for removing different kinds of stains from vehicles without damaging the paint or wax. This quick-release adjustable foam cannon can also be used for cleaning driveways, floors, and window panes.
The Blisstime Foam Cannon container has a capacity of 33 ounces and is made of a robust material to avoid cracks and leakages. This liquid container’s anticorrosive and thick material makes it long-lasting and sustainable. This foam cannon’s quick-form release formula makes it stand out.
The Blisstime Foam Cannon comes with a ¼ inches disconnection fitting made of premium brass for durability. This product requires a pressure of 1000 PSI and 2.0 GPM. The best part is that Blisstime Foam Cannon produces thick foam instantly.
The Blisstime Snow Foam Lance Quick Release Adjustable Foam Cannon comes with a free chenille microfiber car wash mitt for stainless cleaning. The flow control knob at the top can be used to adjust the foam output and foam density. The nozzle can be controlled to shift between jet stream and wide-pan cleaning.
The Blisstime Snow Foam Lance Quick Release Adjustable Foam Cannon costs around $26.
The product weighs 1.47 pounds, which is not too heavy to handle.
The advantages of Blisstime Snow Foam Lance Quick Release Adjustable Foam Cannon are as follows:
- The Blisstime Foam Cannon forms thick and clingy foam instantly for quick cleaning.
- The Blisstime Foam Cannon has a translucent container bottle, making it easy to check the amount of cleaning solution left.
- The Blisstime Foam Cannon includes a free microfiber wash mitt sent in random colors.
The disadvantages of Blisstime Snow Foam Lance Quick Release Adjustable Foam Cannon are as follows:
- There might be a problem with the size of disconnecting fittings.
- The Blisstime Snow Foam Cannon comes with a 2.0 GPM limitation.
5. Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon
Foseal is one of the most trusted brands that produces premium cleaning solutions and top-edge cleaning equipment like washer sprays, foam guns, and cannons.
The Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon can be connected to a washing gun to achieve medium and high-duty cleaning. This foam cannon can be used to clean dirt from different surfaces, including cars, motorbikes, roofs, and driveways.
The Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon is easy to install and use as it comes with a step-by-step installation guide. The container bottle of this foam cannon can hold up to 33-ounces of cleaning shampoo. There are measurements on the bottle to fill the required quantity of water and cleaning agent. The ¼ inches disconnection fittings are made of top-quality brass to prevent wear-off with time.
The rotary knob at the top of the Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon can be moved clockwise or anticlockwise to adjust the thickness of the foam. The foam nozzle can be moved to get narrow or wide spray openings as per the requirement.
The pressure required for the Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon is over 1000 PSI for proper cleaning. This foaming unit also requires the pressure washer it is attached to to produce 2.0 GPM.
The Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon costs around $22.
The Foseal Foam Cannon weighs only 1.07 pounds.
The advantages of Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon are as follows:
- The Foseal Foam Cannon comes with a foam lace core made of high-quality brass that makes this unit durable.
- The Foseal Foam Cannon is quite budget-friendly and effective.
- The Foseal Foam Cannon product comes with 18 months of quality insurance from Foseal.
The disadvantages of Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon are as follows:
- The knob of the Foseal Foam Cannon is not very good for adjusting the foam density.
6. HassPro Premium Quality 1LT Bottle Foam Cannon
HassPro is a renowned brand known for delivering quality cleaning products for shiny vehicles, homes, kitchens, toilets, and driveways.
The HassPro Premium Quality 1LT Bottle Foam Cannon gives cars a “touch-free” wash without causing any scratches or dents. This model’s cleaning technology gives driveways, cars, trucks, SUVs, kitchens, and window displays a brand-new look.
The HassPro Premium Quality 1LT Bottle Foam Cannon comes with a high-edge air-injection technology that makes hidden dirt and dust from tiny holes and cracks easy to remove. The product is designed to consume less water, making it a unique eco-friendly cleaning foam cannon.
The HassPro Premium Quality Foam Cannon comprises durable ¼ inches brass connectors, a stainless steel nozzle head, and a sturdy plastic container that is translucent. The holding capacity of the container is 33-ounces, which is generally similar to other foam cannons.
The HassPro Premium Quality Foam Cannon comes at an average price of $30.
The washer requires a pressure of 1000-2000 PSI with a maximum flow of 5.3 GPM.
The HassPro Premium Quality Foam Cannon comes with a microfiber glove, towel, and 3 nozzles of different sizes that can be connected with a washer gun.
The HassPro Premium Quality 1LT Bottle Foam Cannon is backed-up by a 2-year money-back warranty, making the foam cannon a reliable purchase.
The advantages of the HassPro Premium Quality 1LT Bottle Foam Cannon are as follows:
- The HassPro Premium Quality 1LT Bottle Foam Cannon is made of durable materials like brass, stainless steel, and thick plastic.
- The HassPro Premium Quality Foam Cannon comes with a long money-back warranty period.
- The HassPro Premium Quality Foam Cannon package includes 3 nozzles, which is more than what competitors offer.
The disadvantages of HassPro Premium Quality 1LT Bottle Foam Cannon are as follows:
- The plastic container of the HassPro Premium Quality Foam Cannon might show leakages in some cases pertaining to the manufacturing defect.
7. SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit
SprayTech has been a renowned name in the industry of premium car care accessories for years.
The SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit is a complete cleaning solution for cars and other vehicles. The SprayTech Foam Cannon Kit is best-suited for intense car wash and requires a minimum pressure of 2,300 PSI.
The sturdy built of the SprayTech Foam Cannon makes it different from similar products. The foam unit is long-lasting with proper sealings, durable brass connectors, and a shatter-proof container bottle of 33 ounces.
The SprayTech Foam Cannon is accompanied by a nozzle that forms thick foam when used with a powerful pressure washer. The thick snow foam provides cars with a scratch-free sparkling wash.
The SprayTech Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit comes with a SprayTec foam cannon nozzle, a microfiber mitt, and a Wash N’ Wax solution. The Blaster gives a deep-cleaning experience in just 4 ounces of Wash N’ Wax solution.
The SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit costs around $38.
The SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit package weighs 2.79 pounds.
The advantages of the SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit are as follows:
- The SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit is perfect for a heavy-duty car wash.
- The SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit is cost-effective and provides value for its price.
The disadvantages of SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit are as follows:
- The SprayTec Foam Cannon kit cannot work with a water pressure that comes with a PSI lower than 2300.
8. Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon
Chemical Guys is a global brand founded in 1968 that provides its customers with quality car cleaning products.
The Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon forms maximum foam to provide a shiny car washing experience. The thick and clingy foam of The EQP316 Torq removes stubborn dirt and grime from even the smallest cracks of vehicles in a single wash.
The Chemical Guys EQP316 is designed to work well with both light and high-pressure washers, requiring a minimum pressure of 800 PSI. The product’s thread lock innovation sleeve keeps the 32-ounces plastic container airtight and spillage-proof.
The Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon comes with a 1-gallon Stripper Suds Car Wash Soap that forms thick and instant suds with small amounts of water. The foam density can be further adjusted using the top knob.
The Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon weighs 0.18 pounds, making it incredibly lightweight and to use.
The advantages of Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon are as follows:
- The Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon works within the pressure ranges of 800-3500 PSI, making it suitable for both light and heavy-duty car wash.
- The Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon is suitable both for professional and for residential use.
The disadvantages of Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon are as follows:
- The 1-gallon Stripper Sud Solution that comes with the Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon pack might go unused for people who are not regular professional car washers.
What Is a Foam Cannon?
A foam cannon, or a pressure foam cannon, is a piece of equipment used to extend the capabilities of a pressure washer. Foam cannons are compatible with both gas pressure washers and electric pressure washers and can stand the PSI rating of most pressure washers. A foam cannon needs a minimal PSI rating to produce rich suds using a detergent or a soap. Using foam cannons can minimize scratching and keep the car paint in a healthy condition.
Benefits of Using a Foam Cannon
Benefits of using a foam cannon include saving time, money and detergents, eco-friendliness, functionality, and multi-purpose utility.
1. Saving Time
Setting up a foam cannon to a pressure washer and cleaning the surface takes up to 5 minutes. By attaching a foam cannon to a pressure washer that is set on the highest setting, suds can be produced instantaneously.
Using foam cannons saves water, detergents, and it is safe for the environment. Foam cannons use a small amount of soap and minimum amount of water to produce thick suds, which makes it easier to dispose of dirty water in places that don’t have proper drainage.
3. Functionality and Multi-Purpose Utility
Foam cannons can be used with pressure washers for cleaning cars, RVs, motorcycles, heavy-duty machinery, grills, driveways, and parkways. Foam cannons can be used for cleaning both smaller and larger surfaces, as long as it is used with a pressure washer set to the right PSI setting.
How Do Foam Cannons Work?
When connected to pressure washers, foam cannons use pressure washers’ GPM and PSI ratings to create a lot of suds, grouping them into thick and dense foam. Foam cannons are designed as attachments for pressure washer wands and usually having ¼ inch connectors. When using foam cannons with residential and commercial pressure washers, connector gauges should be used.
1. The Intake
The foam cannon intake is a part of the foam cannon that lets all the pressurized water into the cannon itself. The intake is a small coupler with a ¼ inch opening. The intake needs to click directly to the pressure washer wand or it can be connected to the pressure washer hose directly. The foam cannon intake should be fully operational and it shouldn’t leak, otherwise, the pressure will drop significantly, making the foam cannon dysfunctional.
2. The Flow Adjustments
Different dials can be found in the middle of the foam cannon, right above the container. Most commonly, a foam cannon has two different control settings – soap and flow adjustments.
- Soap adjustment is a little valve used to control the amount of the top-rated foam cannon soap that goes through. By leaving the soap adjust valve open, only water can pass through it while leaving it in the opposite position will allow for a large amount of soap to go through and produce suds.
- Flow adjustment is a cylindrical cover that can be dialed clockwise and counter-wise and it is located next to the output. Turning the flow adjustment changes the direction and flow of the output coming from a foam cannon to a straight line when the pressure washer is set on the highest pressure, or a wider line when it is set to a lower setting.
3. The Container
The container is the biggest part of the foam cannon made of plastic and equipped with a threaded screw head. If the pressure washer soap bottle doesn’t fit snugly onto the cannon, either the pressure coming from the pressure washer will drop or the soap will stop coming out, while the threaded screw head prevents safety threats. Most foam cannons have 33-oz to 1-liter containers that come with tubes that suck the soap solution.
4. The Output
Foam cannon output sprays out all the foam and thick suds out. Foam canon output is wider than the output of a pressure washer wand. The flow controller is located near the output and it prevents accidental changes in the pressure washer setting.
Foam Cannon Car Wash vs. Foam Gun vs. Hand Wash
Foam cannon car wash, foam gun, and hand wash differ in power capabilities, practicality, and budget.
1. Power Capabilities
The power that should be used to foam up and wash a car depends on two main factors – the pressure exerted to get foam density and chemicals used in the process.
Hand wash requires elbow grease and more time to wash a car. Almost any type of soap and detergent can be used for car hand washing, under the condition that it is not hazardous for the skin or the paint.
A foam gun is powered with the pressure that a garden hose can deliver, which is around 80 PSI. The type of chemicals that can be used with foam guns is narrow since dense foam is needed for car washing.
Foam cannons utilize the PSI of a pressure washer, with the lower threshold average of 800 PSI, providing the strongest power delivery compared to hand washing and foam guns. When used with the right detergent, foam cannons and pressurized water can make the thickest suds and the densest foam that emulsifies all the dirt and grime from the car surface.
The biggest advantage of hand washing is that it doesn’t require any electricity, yet it takes a lot of time and it is not efficient with dirt deposits such as soap guns or foam cannons.
Soap guns don’t need electricity to operate, but need an operating hose that is easy to set up. The reach of a soap gun is higher than with hand washing, but it depends on the water pressure and the hose’s length.
Soap cannons provide better reach than hand washing and soap guns do. The reach of a foam cannon is adjustable on the spot by turning the valves, as well as adjusting different spray patterns and spraying directions, which provides greater precision.
Only water and detergent are needed for hand car washing, however, this way, a lot of soap is wasted. Soap guns are affordable but have reach limitations and aren’t efficient with stubborn stains. Foam cannons use the least water and detergent while still providing rich lather and lots of foam, which makes them affordable.
Foam Cannon Buying Guide
When buying foam cannons, factors such as connector materials, container specifications, soap intake dial, and stream shape and spray pattern should be considered, all of which are listed below.
1. Connector Materials
Connectors and valves are the most important inner pieces of foam cannons. Connectors and valves regulate the foam cannon’s pressure, soap intake, precision, and reach. Brass connectors are most resilient and can withstand high PSI and GPM ratings and are durable and high-performing.
Some foam cannons have plastic parts that can warp under high temperatures, while synthetic materials can withstand the temperature but can’t regulate the water pressure properly.
2. The Container Specs
Foam cannon containers have different specifications – size, shape, transparency, and thread.
2.1. Bottle size
Most foam cannon bottles have 33fl oz 1-liter volume, which is the amount needed for washing a regular-sized car once or twice. Some foam cannon soap bottles can be used for storing leftover soaps and other washing solutions, which is indicated on the bottle.
2.2. Bottle shape
The shape of the foam cannon bottle determines how easy it is to hold it and connect it to the pressure washer. Most bottles have cylindrical containers that narrow down to the spot where they connect to the foam cannon. Bottles with dents located down the middle can be used with high-pressure foam cannons and pressure washers since dents provide a better grasp.
2.3. Bottle transparency
A foam cannon container should be transparent because of the practicality – so it can be seen how much of the washing solution is left inside. A transparent foam cannon bottle increases the resourcefulness of a foam cannon and allows experimentation with different foam cannon settings.
2.4. Bottle thread
Some foam cannons are threaded while others have a lock system similar to a buckle. A bottle thread is a more secure option and it is easier to put on and take off. If the thread does not slide in entirely, the foam cannon will start pushing the foam out to the side, which is a signal that the thread should be re-adjusted.
3. Soap Intake Dial
Foam cannons with accessible soap intake dials allow choosing the amount of suds made. The soap intake dial provides control over the amount of soap that is converted to foam, the thickness of the foam, and the suds density. A soap intake dial enables cutting of the soap intake from the bottle and switching to using just water, which makes it highly versatile.
4. Stream Shape and Spray Pattern
The spray pattern adjustment on the foam cannon allows focusing the stream or covering larger areas. The spray pattern – the intake and spray pattern, allows adapting the foam cannon to different cleaning tasks.
How to Use a Foam Cannon?
Steps on how to use a regular foam cannon are listed below:
- A pressure washer should be properly maintained and cleaned.
- The bottle should be detached and filled with 15 to 17 oz of warm water and 2 oz of soap and swirled for several seconds. The bottle shouldn’t be overfilled with soap, otherwise, that will affect the pressure negatively.
- The bottle should be attached to the foam cannon and the quick-release nozzle should be used for attaching the foam cannon to the pressure washer wand.
- The quick-connect male connector of the foam cannon should be connected to the female connector of the pressure washer.
- The pressure washer should be turned on.
- The dial form intake dial of the foam cannon should be set to the right setting and the foam should be sprayed across the surface in generous amounts.
- After 5 minutes, the soap intake should be cut off and the surface should be rinsed with water.
FAQ About Foam Cannons
1. Do foam cannons work?
Yes, foam cannons work and are capable of removing layers of dirt off cars and other surfaces without damaging them.
2. How much psi for foam cannon?
Foam cannons need at least 800 PSI to operate normally. The maximum pressure foam cannons can take depends on the model, although most foam cannons can withstand the pressure of any standard pressure washer.
3. How to clean foam cannon?
To clean a foam cannon, clean the thread of the bottle after each use, clean the brass on the outside using a non-invasive cleaner, and dry the foam cannon before storing it to prevent calcium deposits from forming inside, which can reduce the maximum amount of foam the foam cannon can deliver.
4. Do foam cannons work with any soap?
Yes, foam cannons work with almost any soap or detergent, except for dish soap, although there are specifically-formulated foam cannon soaps that produce more foam.
5. Will a foam cannon fit onto my garden hose?
Although some foam cannons can fit onto a garden hose, most foam cannons operate best when connected to pressure washers.